Meet Our Team
Dr Anton James
Director and Founder
BCBA, PhD, CPsychol., AFBPsS, IBA, C.Behav.Psychol., Ps.S.I.
• Board Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) – USA
• Chartered Psychologist (CPsychol) and an Associate Fellow (AFBPsS), Full Member of the Division of Academics, Researchers, and Teachers in Psychology of the British Psychological Society (BPS) – UK
• Chartered Behavioural Psychologist (C.Behav.Psychol., Ps.S.I. of Irish Psychological Society)
• International Behavior Analyst (IBA)
Dr Anton James completed his undergraduate degree in Psychology at the University of Toronto, Canada in 2003. His passion has always been to educate children with special needs. There were no universities at the time in Ontario offering Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA), so he pursued his post-graduate studies in ABA at Penn State University in the USA. In 2009, he became the first qualified Board-Certified Behaviour Analyst (BCBA) in the world from a Sri Lankan background. As a BCBA, he has been working for children with special needs as a consultant on a part-time basis. Simultaneously he completed a master's degree in inclusive education after moving to the UK. In his master’s degree, he focused on classroom management of behaviours and sensory integration. Upon completion of his master's, he turned his focus to research. Therefore, while working as a consultant in ABA, he completed his second master’s at the University of Manchester, which focused on research in special needs. Further, Dr James went on to complete his Doctorate at the University of Manchester in Psychology. Now he is a Chartered Psychologist, Associate Fellow, and a full member of the Division of Academics, Researchers, and Teachers in Psychology at the British Psychological Society. He has more than 20 years of experience working as a consultant with a repertoire ranging from diagnosis, assessment, and treatment of ASD, ADHD, Sensory Integration difficulties, Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder, Avoidant Restrictive Food Intake Disorder, Developmental Motor Coordination Disorder, Speech Sound Disorder, Auditory Processing Disorder, EDS, and many others. Dr James specialises in ABA, behavioural psychology, development of Individual Education Plans (IEP), Sensory Integration, treatment of picky eating, and management of problem behaviours, speech, and CBT for children with special needs.
BCBA, LBA, IBA
• Board Certified Behaviour Analyst • Licensed Behaviour Analyst (Hawaii) • International Behaviour Analyst Chrystal (CJ) Honsaker has worked in the field of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) since 2003. She began her career as Therapeutic Staff Support for several Behavioral Health Rehabilitation Services providers in Pennsylvania, USA, providing direct service to children with a wide range of mental health diagnoses, including autism spectrum disorder (ASD), ADHD, down syndrome, oppositional defiant disorder, disruptive behavior disorder, conduct disorder, reactive attachment disorder, mood disorder, schizophrenia, and others. Chrystal has extensive experience providing ABA direct service, training, and consultation in the home, school, and community settings. Upon completion of her master's degree in Youth and Family Education from The Pennsylvania State University, USA, she continued to work in the field of ABA as a Behavioural Specialist Consultant and Mobile Therapist. She eventually obtained a position as a County Coordinator, in which she was responsible for the oversight and direction of ABA services for an entire region. Prior to relocating to Hawaii, USA, Chrystal completed her BCBA coursework and specialization in Autism Intervention from the University of Massachusetts, USA. She worked as a BCBA Clinical Coordinator for several companies in Hawaii until 2015, when she decided to pursue her interests abroad. Chrystal has provided ABA services globally and continues to work closely with local communities in Uganda. In 2016, she co-founded a transition and educational center in Uganda, with the long-term goal of establishing an autism educational classroom. She is currently completing her PhD in International Psychology from The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, USA, with a specialization in Organizations and Systems, as well as a certification in Organizational Behaviour from Harvard University, USA. Chrystal continues to provide ABA supervision, parent training, and mentorship for newly certified BCBAs through Kuhn Behavioral Consulting Services, USA.
• Registered Behaviour Technician • International Behaviour Therapist (USA) • Dip Executive Secretarial Studies • Dip Office Management • Dip Entrepreneurial skills (Netherlands) • Cert Handle Level 2 (Australia) Desiree's role at The Tree House International benefits from her multifaceted expertise and professional experience as a Management Assistant, Office Manager, and a successful business proprietor in the Netherlands. Having honed her competencies in these roles, including serving as a trusted assistant to a board of directors, Desiree deploys an impactful skill set in service of her vocation. Her dedication to the cause of Autism Spectrum Disorder stems from a deeply personal experience. Just before moving from the Netherlands to Sri Lanka, her son got his autism diagnosis. She became passionate to create more autism awareness and acceptance in Sri Lanka. Since 2008, Desiree has pioneered multiple advocacy efforts in Sri Lanka with relentless dedication and provided invaluable support to parents of children on the spectrum while promoting awareness and acceptance within the community. As a testament to her commitment, Desiree completed a Behaviour Therapist course under the expert guidance of Dr. Anton James and earned the credentials of a Registered Behavior Technician (RBT) and International Behavior Therapist (IBT). Driven by her thirst for knowledge, Desiree also devoted herself to exploring diverse educational and biomedical therapies and is adept at numerous interventions. Desiree is currently focused on a mission to establish a supported living project for young adults with autism as she envisions a future where they can reach their full potential and lead fulfilling lives. Her motivation resonates with the words of Jenny McCarthy, "HOPE is the greatest thing for moms of autism, HOPE is what gets us out of bed in the morning and I'm on a mission to tell parents that there is a way." Desiree brings this indomitable spirit to her role at The Tree House International, along with her passion, professionalism, and heartfelt dedication.
• Level 4 Diploma in Special Needs Education (OTHM UK) • Diploma in Early Childhood Education (ABC Education Foundation, Sri Lanka) • Diploma in Computer Applications (Interman-Computers, UAE) Dalrene brings a unique combination of skills to her role at The Tree House International by seamlessly integrating her expertise as a capable administrator with the invaluable experience she possesses in early childhood education. In her career, Darlene has established herself as a versatile professional in the administration field. Being a holder of a Diploma in Computer Applications and certifications in Office Management has given her well-rounded administration and finance management acumen. Over the span of 15 years, in addition to positions held in Sri Lanka, Dalrene gained significant regional exposure, when she relocated to the Middle East. A 10-year stint saw her contribute her skills to a leading multinational provider of logistics and supply chain solutions in the State of Qatar, during which Dalrene also gained fluency in SAP ERP Applications and Logistics Management. Bringing in an additional dimension to her skill-set, Dalrene is a Level 4 Diploma holder in Special Needs Education from OTHM in the United Kingdom along with a Diploma in Early Childhood Education. A decade of experience as a teacher at two leading international schools in Colombo Sri Lanka has seen her cultivate and nourish the essential skills and social competencies necessary for the holistic growth of children. Her proficiency in guiding children toward realizing their innate learning potential has enabled them to unleash their fullest capabilities, fostering creativity and higher-order thinking, thereby uplifting their achievements and elevating their performance. Drawing from this background Dalrene contributes at her highest and is inspired to serve at her best, as she delivers the fine balance of competencies, she brings to her role at The Tree House International